Extra Credit Reading: Crash Course - Monsters, Horses, Dragons

Extra Credit Reading: Crash Course - Monsters, Horses, Dragons

(Sigurd and Fafnir: Image by Hermann Hendrich)

It was fun to watch Crash Course videos again, as I recognized many of the things that were mentioned in them. From the Monsters video, I have seen several of these monsters in video games that I have played or movies that I have watched. A very accurate depiction of the Greek Sphinx that I witnessed recently came from a video game where the Sphinx guarded a ruin my character needed to access, and in order to be allowed in I had to solve a riddle presented by the Sphinx. I have also played a game that had a good depiction of a Wendigo in terms of how it came to be and what kind of mannerisms it had, though its appearance differed from what was presented in the video. I found it interesting that centaurs are considered more like horses, in the Horses video. The Dragons video also presented dragons that I am mostly familiar with from video games. Fafnir has been depicted in several games or shows that I have seen, and usually never in the same way but always as a dragon of some kind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Nerdy Psych Major

Week 2 Story: The Lion, the Man, and the Lesson