Reading Notes: Grimm (LibriVox) Part A

Reading Notes: Grimm (LibriVox) Part A, Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm 

(Rapunzel letting down her hair: Image by Anne Anderson

My favorite story to read from this section of the unit was Rapunzel, as I had previously heard or seen other versions of this story. My favorite version of the story happens to be the movie Tangled, but I found the version in the movie/musical Into the Woods has the most accuracy when relating back to this version. I still enjoyed this version very much. I also liked the theme in The Mouse, The Bird, and The Sausage. Though I think all of the characters dying at the end was too much, the story showed that people do not realize how things are for others and what kind of effort they put in. It also showed that sometimes it is best for everyone to specialize in something they are good at. I was also pleasantly surprised by the story The Travelling Musicians, as it seems that some of the movie Rock-A-doodle may be based on this story, and I love that movie very much. Chanticleer is a character in both this story and the mentioned movie. I also liked how positive the story was overall. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Nerdy Psych Major

Week 2 Story: The Lion, the Man, and the Lesson