Reading Notes: Grimm (Librivox) Part B

Reading Notes: Grimm (Librivox) Part B Fairy Tails by the Brothers Grimm

(Fox: Image by 12019/10266 images

I enjoyed the rest of this unit very much. I liked The Queen Bee, as the other brothers greatly underestimated their dwarf brother and in fact, made fools of themselves compared to him for most of the story. The story really showed how bad arrogance is, as it clearly affected the brothers who thought so little of their dwarf brother. I also enjoyed The Fox and the Horse. It is nice to see a story where a fox is not just mischievous or evil, as this fox helped out the horse. I felt bad for the lion, however, as he was deceived by the fox. I thought that the farmer did not deserve to have the help of the horse again, since he treated him so poorly. The story The Willow-Wren and the Bear was also quite interesting. At first, I thought the idea of the King and Queen birds going to war against the bear was silly. However, the next few lines of the story made me realize they actually meant a real war.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Nerdy Psych Major

Week 2 Story: The Lion, the Man, and the Lesson